Clear braces are an orthodontic solution offered by your dentist. They work just like traditional metal braces but are made from ceramic or clear composite plastic. These brackets and wires are much less visible than metal braces, allowing you to smile with confidence even while undergoing orthodontic treatment.
Clear braces benefits
Clear braces are a popular alternative to traditional metal braces. They are made from transparent or tooth-colored materials, so they are not noticeable from a distance. Clear braces work just as well as traditional braces and can fix alignment and bite issues.
Clear braces timeline
Clear braces are a great alternative to traditional braces. Patients love the aesthetic appeal and simplicity of these braces but may wonder what the actual timeline looks like for clear braces. We’ve created this clear braces timeline so that you can know what to expect throughout treatment.
1. Initial Consultation: During your consultation, we’ll take x-rays, perform an oral exam, and talk to you about your orthodontic options. We’ll also take impressions of your teeth for diagnostic purposes.
2. Design: Your orthodontist will use the impressions and x-rays to design your clear braces.
3. Placement: Once the design of your clear braces is complete, we’ll schedule your first appointment. At placement, your orthodontist will place your braces.
4. Adjustments: Each adjustment appointment lasts about 15 minutes, during which we will tighten or loosen the wires to adjust the pressure applied to the teeth.
5. Retention: Your orthodontist may recommend a retainer to hold your teeth in their new position.
Clear Braces vs. Traditional Braces
Traditional metal braces are more effective in aligning teeth than clear aligners. Clear braces are brackets and wires that are made of a clear material. They are more discreet than metal braces, as they are not silver or metallic in color. Clear braces are popular among teens and young adults. They won’t stain and are less visible than metal braces.
To find out more about the dental services offered at North End Dental, call (719) 471-1900 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit us at 1705 N, Weber St, Colorado Springs, CO 80907.